Even though the PowerRay is designed to swim underwater, you still want to pay attention to maintain good condition of PowerRay. The connectors are very fragile, and even a small amount of water can cause serious damage. Here are some essential tips to keep your PowerRay operating at its best:
- When you screw in the cable cord attaching the PowerRay to the base station, always ensure that it is screwed in very tightly.
- Always dive in open water, avoiding underwater plants, such as seaweed.
- Keep the base station and the remote controller away from water. They are NOT water proof.
- Never throw the PowerRay into the water; instead, gently immerse it, starting downward from the LED lights.
- After each immersion, dry the PowerRay off thoroughly. To avoid corrosion damage, do not store the device in the suitcase directly after swimming without drying it off first.
- After swimming inside salt water/dirty water, please try to rinse the PowerRay completely and then dry it off. Potential corrosion will accumulate and cause serious issues.
- When you unscrew the cable from the PowerRay after a dive, cover it with the protective case so that water does not get into the connectors.
- Never touch the motors while they are spinning.