If you purchased our Wizard version of the PowerDolphin, you would get the controller. Your controller will automatically link with the boat after turning on both the boat and controller for around 10 seconds. The controller's flashing light will become a steady light after successfully linked.
On your smart phone, you can use Vision+2 app to operate the PowerDolphin and see the live view of the camera. If this is your first time using our product, please register your account using this walk-through.
There are two different connections to connect your smart phone with the PowerDolphin.
Note: if you are T-Mobile user with iPhone devices, please refer to this article for connection tutorial. DO NOT follow the following instructions.
WiFi Connection(Recommended Easy Connection):
(Both iPhone and Android share same method)
- Turn on both the Remote Controller and the boat. The LED on controller will keep flashing until it successfully paired with the Dolphin. Then it will show a steady light.
- Open up the WiFi list on your phone. Default password for both controller and boat are 12345678.
With Remote Controller: Connect to POC_RC_XXXXXX
W/O Remote Controller: Connect to POC_VEH_XXXXXX
Make sure successfully connected before go to next step.
- Open up the Vision+ 2 app, you should see Device Connected
- Enjoy sailing
Note: Before you connect with the WiFi, do not open up the app and keep pressing Next step. If you see this:DO NOT press the "Link with remote". The remote controller is already paired with Dolphin out of factory. This step is just for in case you need to switch for a new controller.
USB Wire Connection:
(Only applicable if you are using the remote controller)
- Turn on both the Remote Controller and the boat. The LED on controller will keep flashing while searching for the boat. Wait until it shows a steady light and with one short vibration. Now the controller is connected with the boat.
- Use a normal USB lightning cable to connect your iPhone with the controller.
- If warning pop out, select "Trust this computer". Otherwise it will not connect with the controller. If you somehow mis-click the message, please refer to apple's official solution.
- iPhone user: Go to Settings -> Personal Hotspot, turn on Hotspot. You should see a blue bar on top of the phone showing Hotspot connection is established.
Android user: Go to Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering -> turn on USB tethering
- Open up the Vision+ 2 app, you should see Device Connected.
- Enjoy sailing!